Touch-Based Ubuntu Coming to Smartphones Late 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

could be somewhat successful only if they allow for it to dual boot with android

G

This may be the ticket, I cannot wait for my upgrade to roll around in a few months, so many new choices coming up :)

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Awesome! My goodness, now I need to get a new phone. I hope it will be priced nicely, iOS and Android aren't really doing it for me. Hope Ubuntu Phone OS will be.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
im noticing that droid is crashing more and more. I cna't take a picture or video without the service crashing. Nothing is rooted either. Their code base is messy. I use Debian for EVERYTHING and since Ubuntu is based on debian, I may jump on this. It's probably more stable then Android. Though I do worry on how Conical is going to make sure it stays stable, because even Google can't see to keep that end up, even with their unlimited budget.

randomizer

Champion
Stop the talk and bring some products to market. Where's Ubuntu TV? Where's Ubuntu for Android? If Canonical spent more on products and less on marketing vaporware this might interest me more.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I think it's a little to late for Canonical (Ubuntu), Jolla (Sailfish), and Samsung (Bada) to go against Android, I think all three of them should just put in fully with Android and be done with it, don't compete against it!

Status
Not open for further replies.