Tough budget. SSD or not?

dinesh777

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
want to build a gaming comuter. Tough budget
my decided specs- i5 3570k, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H,ASUS GTX 660ti, 1 TB WD HDD. And i already have a 20" dell IPS monitor, 600W power supply.

Now someone told me to buy a SSD which is very necessary for smooth gaming. Now i'm really confused, If a SSD then I have to buy a 560GTX. is it worth it?

I'm only going to gaming. I already have a laptop for collage work.

Solution
No totally wrong , a SSD is not necessary for smooth gaming but a good graphics card is. A SSD is not going to improve gaming performance. Just faster installing, Quick start. Thats it ! And yes sometimes Faster loading between levels. But only ~2%. For a gamer SSD is not important.

KAIJER

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
No totally wrong , a SSD is not necessary for smooth gaming but a good graphics card is. A SSD is not going to improve gaming performance. Just faster installing, Quick start. Thats it ! And yes sometimes Faster loading between levels. But only ~2%. For a gamer SSD is not important.

Solution
SSD allows for faster read / write speeds. You can boot into windows much faster (I think I read someone got to the log in screen in less than 9 seconds), and load programs much faster. The only real benefit for games, other than loading faster to play sooner, is that in game loads (like maps) will load faster which decreases the temporary stutter you might experience when you are in the middle of playing a game and when the game is trying to load more data.