• GTX2080 Super
    • 32GB DDR4 RAM
    • M2 SSDs
    • Windows 11
    • TP-Link Archer T5E PCI-E wifi adapter
  • ISP: Comcast Xfinity
  • Connected Devices: 12-15

Problem:
  • I have an issue with an installation of an Archer T5E PCI-E wifi and bluetooth card
  • Hardware installation was a breeze, followed TP-Link instructions for installation of drivers
    • Downloaded and installed the Windows 10 drivers x64 (although my PC is Windows 11, but there wasn't an option for this)
    • No issues with install of wifi and bluetooth drivers
  • Bluetooth worked right away and I was able to connect to a test device (my phone)
  • Wifi does not appear to "be detected"
    • I have no Wifi connection showing on my taskbar, no Wifi page/tab in network settings and no obvious wireless network adapter in Device Manager
    • In my device manager though, I do see:
      • Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
      • Realtek PCIe GbE Famil Controller (I understand this to be the Ethernet controller on my motherboard)
      • WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
      • WAN Miniport (IP)
      • WAN Miniport (IPv6)
      • WAN Miniport (L2TP)
      • WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
      • WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
      • WAN Miniport (PPTP)
      • WAN Miniport (SSTP)
  • I have tried restarting, uninstalling reinstalling drivers, browsing the settings and not found anything I can see is wrong
  • I have tried disabling the ethernet connection
  • I have tried searching online, but haven't gotten much... All I believe is that I should see an additional network adapter in device manager for the new wireless connection, which I dont!
  • Is there a chance that the PCI-E may not be seated quite right, so the Wifi doesnt work but the bluetooth does?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben.

bengriffiths78

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks, yes thats where I got the drivers from in the first place.

Wifi working fine for many other devices, but I think its more of a driver/connector issue as Windows doesn't even see a Wifi connector as installed.