TP-LINK Launches New Powerline Networking Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Personally I don't see the point in this; I'm using TP-Link's power line adapters to replace wireless entirely. I mean, I suppose it does make a neat alternative to a router sitting on a desk somewhere, but if you're putting power line in anyway then you only really want wireless for your mobile devices and nothing else.I just wish TP-Link would make a modular version of their passthrough models, rather than making all these different models with no AC passthrough at all; power line devices don't run well from extension blocks, which means you lose a wall socket to use them. At least with AC passthrough you can still plug stuff in. With a modular design they could just provide a single, powered, gigabit ethernet port, and then sell you your choice of add-on giving you either a gigabit switch or WiFi.It would make things easier for everyone. Here's hoping also that the power line specification passes 500mbps at some point too. Granted I'm currently still on 200mbps, though that's still more than enough for internet access, but true gigabit networking without running ethernet cables everywhere would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.