Question Tp link not working after reset

Stelios Giatrellis

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2015
Hello! I'd like your help because I'm at a dead end! I have 2 TP Link extenders, TL-WA7210N and Cpe210 Pharos, which I really had to use them for 4-5 years, I had stored them in a loft. And now that I needed them, I can't do my job. After performing hard reset to them, the 1st although I see it as a network on my android phone and PC with windows 10, it does not connect no matter what! Not even with utp cable. The 2nd one, which I don't remember if it works as a wireless access point, but I don't even see it as a network or wired on a PC. I did a power cycle. Is there any chance that they became just trush?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello! I'd like your help because I'm at a dead end! I have 2 TP Link extenders, TL-WA7210N and Cpe210 Pharos, which I really had to use them for 4-5 years, I had stored them in a loft. And now that I needed them, I can't do my job. After performing hard reset to them, the 1st although I see it as a network on my android phone and PC with windows 10, it does not connect no matter what! Not even with utp cable. The 2nd one, which I don't remember if it works as a wireless access point, but I don't even see it as a network or wired on a PC. I did a power cycle. Is there any chance that they became just trush?
How are you trying to use these devices. The TL-WA7210N would typically be connected via an ethernet cable to your primary router. Same with the CPE.
The CPE requires 24V passive POE. It looks like the TL-WA7210N requires a custom 12V POE injector.

Ralston18

Titan

kanewolf

Titan
I'd like to use them as outdoor extenders, I have all appropriate power supplies for both of them. But that's not the case yet, like I said, after reset I can't use them.
You keep using the term "extender". That typically means WIFI in and WIFI out. That is why I asked "how are you trying to use these"? If you are trying to use them as WIFI access points with a wire back to your primary router then it is just the proper configuration as @Ralston18 said above.
But if you are trying to use them to pull in public WIFI or some other use-case, then you need to explain what you are trying to do.