TP Link Router not working after firmware update.

Emmanual

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Hi all,

I have a TP Link TL MR3020. It was working well, last night i saw a new update for the firmware, i did the update properlly, it went fine. After the router reboot i am not able to connect to it. as it was giving message says windows cannot connect to this network, so i rebooted the router again, & tried to connect, then start getting message security key miss match. I am 100% sure that i am putting in the right key in. So i tried to reset the router by holding down the WPS button. All the lights blink after 7-8 sec & no changes..Not even able to reset the router..Is tre any way to fix it??
Is it possible i can go to the router page using the ethernet connected??

Thanks,

Emmanual.

Solution
If you encounter a firmware update failure with your Linksys router, you can use Management Mode to recover the router and resume the loading of the firmware upgrade. In Management Mode, the router will have just enough functionality to load your downloaded firmware. You should be able to recover the router in most situations.

silhouttejames

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
If you encounter a firmware update failure with your Linksys router, you can use Management Mode to recover the router and resume the loading of the firmware upgrade. In Management Mode, the router will have just enough functionality to load your downloaded firmware. You should be able to recover the router in most situations.

Solution

Emmanual

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
I was trying in both ways....coz, i want to go to the router page to do the firmware update, at least router reset...I tried to connect through wireless, but its says the security key is incorrect, its not even resetting manually...

vickistar

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

get out the original book and it will have a factory set password to input. when you go in you can then change it back. the factory user name is usually ADMIN. good luck :)