[SOLVED] TP-Link TG3468 Won't Work

Feb 1, 2022
So I just bought a new network card (LAN) for my pc. Sucessfully connected it to the pci slot and booted up windows 10 (20h2) but once i switched the ethernet cable from my onboard network port to the tp link one it says "Unidentfied Network". It also shows up as "Realtek Family bla bla" in device manager.

Solution
So I just bought a new network card (LAN) for my pc. Sucessfully connected it to the pci slot and booted up windows 10 (20h2) but once i switched the ethernet cable from my onboard network port to the tp link one it says "Unidentfied Network". It also shows up as "Realtek Family bla bla" in device manager.
Why did you add an ethernet card ? It sounds like your on-board ethernet was working, since you say you "switched" the cable ...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're a year behind on your OS update, for one thing. As for your motherboard, what is the make and model of your board? BIOS version for said motherboard? Which slot are you populating on said motherboard? What other devices are tethered to said build's motherboard? Make and model of your device that you're tethering the PC to the www?

Reactions: Lakk
Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're a year behind on your OS update, for one thing. As for your motherboard, what is the make and model of your board? BIOS version for said motherboard? Which slot are you populating on said motherboard? What other devices are tethered to said build's motherboard? Make and model of your device that you're tethering the PC to the www?
My mobo is "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200)", SMBIOSBIOS Version: 0707, GPU: 3070, CPU I7-10900k

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Why did you add an ethernet card ? It sounds like your on-board ethernet was working, since you say you "switched" the cable ...

Solution