TP-LINK TL-WN722N usb wifi

Massiver

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I just bought this wireless adapter, and I am not happy with its performance. In the same place as my ipad it reach 32Mbps while my ipad reach 56 Mbps. Can you please help me finding a better wireless adapter? Thanks

Assuming you can not connect via Ethernet (wired is always best), this powerline adapter is actually a better option then wifi and a TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT will do around 70-80 mbps (if your internet speed is only 56mbps it can only do 56mbps).

That should be around 30 euro, its $40 usd when not on any type of sale.

'' All usb adapters are going to perform less then integrated wifi adapters '' that's what I see here .. don't know if its due to the usb or not cause I tried pci cards as well ??

or I just get bad luck with this as well ??

just to add I am using a tp link tl- wn821 now ??

Well if your got a PCI card with antennas on the back and have your PC blocking the signal between the router and those antennas in the back then yeah the signal is not going to be much better. This is why higher end cards have extension cables and a base that puts the antennas on your desk.

WiFi is a very variable monster. Even the best equipment (on both router and PC) can only do so much If the distance is far enough apart with dense enough obstacles in the way. Not to mention if your neighbors router is right across from your bedroom window and your wifi router is on the other end of the house, then your neighbors router could actually interfere with the signal of your wifi connection if you both are using the same (or overlapping) channels.

Well the antenna is spread throught the back cover or back piece of a tablet/phone, and on a laptop they are 2" by 1" squares that run up back behind the screen. Thus these are both actually bigger then what is in your average usb adapter.

And yes, your PC tower can block a lot of wifi signal, even more so if your PC is tucked into a corner somewhere.

Considering the masses dont even understand that WiFi is just a protocol, and that WiFi and internet are not completely interchangeable words.