tp link TL-WN781ND PCI_E wireless adaptor not working

Jul 2, 2018
i have a tp link TL-WN781ND pcie 150m wireless adaptor and its not working, i try to update the drivers in the tp link software but it says it could not be detected, in device manager it comes up in other devices with a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle next to it, what should i do, thanks ;) ( btw this adaptor is brand new i just brought it)

Are there any lights flashing on the card round the back of your PC case? If not, check the seating of the card in its slot and try again.

If it came with a CD, run the installation again but if it didn't, try searching for the driver in Device Manager. It should be in a category of its own in the list.

Jul 2, 2018

no lights, i tried the cd and it opened the software and it said that no card is detected but in device manager it comes but but in the other device section, im just mad because i have to keep using my phone for internet and it keeps cutting out so i was hoping that buying this would work but apparently not

Jul 2, 2018

ive blown out the dust and tried all the slots my mother board has and it still is not working, is there a way to install it without a software or device manager because i tried both and it didnt work

Jul 2, 2018

i didnt mean to devote your comment btw

There things happen and we all do it.

I'm running out of ideas but it should install itself but it's the lack of LED lights that bothers me and makes me wonder if it would work anywhere else. Do you have a friend who'd let you try it out in their PC?

Sakthiananth

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
@Saga Lout @jamesauss hello both did you guys able to resolve the issue in the
TL-WN781ND PCI . because I'm facing the same problem and the led on the PCI card is not blinking and the device manager shows the PCI unit as in other device section with the yellow exclamation mark. I've tried the above mentioned steps to fix the issue but didn't help out. Can you help me in resolving this issue.

@Saga Lout @jamesauss hello both did you guys able to resolve the issue in the
TL-WN781ND PCI . because I'm facing the same problem and the led on the PCI card is not blinking and the device manager shows the PCI unit as in other device section with the yellow exclamation mark. I've tried the above mentioned steps to fix the issue but didn't help out. Can you help me in resolving this issue.

Sakthiananth, You should really start your own thread when you need help. Otherwise everyone can get confused about who is replying to who about what.

Jun 15, 2019
Hello! I just solved the problem.

You have to make sure that your device and the driver are the same versions. I don't have a CD/DVD drive so I downloaded the driver from TP-Link website. The website redirected me to my region (Asia). When I tried installing the driver the device not detected error would show.

When I checked the version, I found out that I have the EU version. When I downloaded the EU driver and tried to install it again, it worked.

Hope this solves your problem too.