Question TPM 2.0 issue, troubleshooting steps already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2023
Recently TPM has stopped working on my PC, (I didn't realise it happened until Windows PINs stopped working, I've been working from a local administrator account for the past few weeks as a result, locked out from my original account.) It's also an incovenience to no longer be able to play Valorant.

Motherboard: PRO Z690-P DDR4 (MS-7D36)
Bios: MSI Click Bios 5, Flashed to the most recent update (2023-06-01) 7D36vAD in a troubleshooting step but this didn't resolve the issue.
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KF, 3200 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

- In the bios it states "TPM 2.0 Device Found" - Firmware Version 600.18 - Vendor: INTC.
- Security Device Support is ENABLED.
- Secure Boot is ENABLED. Windows recognises that Secure Boot is enabled.
- TPM Device Selection is "fTPM 2.0" or "dTPM" this is a bit confusing for me since the Intel version of TPM is called "PTT" but this is not an option for some reason? dTPM does not work.
- All relevant bios options to do with TPM and Secure Booting have been enabled.
- Running the "tpm.msc" command tells me that the compatible module cannot be found.
- Security Devices / TPM stuff is also not in device manager leading me to infer that Windows is straight up not detecting TPM at all and this is NOT the windows defender bug that just prevents it being seen strictly in the defender app.

I'm at my wits end and this is the last place I thought that might be able to help.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Few options:
* Contact MSI about it.

Above most likely leads to either of the two following options:
* Replace TPM module.
* Replace MoBo.

Either of the two = clean Win installation.

TPM module alone would be cheaper than new MoBo. But finding one could be far harder, than just buying new MoBo.

Jul 14, 2023
Few options:
* Contact MSI about it.

Above most likely leads to either of the two following options:
* Replace TPM module.
* Replace MoBo.

Either of the two = clean Win installation.

TPM module alone would be cheaper than new MoBo. But finding one could be far harder, than just buying new MoBo.

I'll send them an email but it's highly likely they won't support me as I bought this as a prebuilt a few years ago.

Jul 14, 2023
I should also note that TPM 2.0 interface type is "CRB" and greyed out in bios under trusted computing, not sure if that's an issue or not.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
IF given the TPM hardware itself is sound and what you're dealing with is software corruption, clean Win install should fix it. Also, far easier than trying to make sense of the TPM protocols and/or bypass them. <- Latter is something we can not discuss in this forum.

Jul 14, 2023
IF given the TPM hardware itself is sound and what you're dealing with is software corruption, clean Win install should fix it. Also, far easier than trying to make sense of the TPM protocols and/or bypass them. <- Latter is something we can not discuss in this forum.

Yeah not looking to bypass anything, just a simple man that wants to play some valorant with his buddies lmao.
I'll try a clean reinstall and see if that does anything :)

Reactions: Aeacus
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS