[SOLVED] TPM 2.0 on Gigabyte a320m-s2h

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Does anyone know if the TPM 2.0 module is compatible with ga a320m-s2h? I see the header on my board and it shows that there are no security devices in my bios. The header has alot more pins than the 2.0 module however. It looks like I would be able to install one with some extra pins being left open? Thanks!
(Edit) It looks like the header has the same amount of pins as the GC-TPM (REV1.0) but I guess what im asking is if the header itself will work with GC-TPM2.0_S

Last edited:
Solution
Does anyone know if the TPM 2.0 module is compatible with ga a320m-s2h? I see the header on my board and it shows that there are no security devices in my bios. The header has alot more pins than the 2.0 module however. It looks like I would be able to install one with some extra pins being left open? Thanks
There are many different TPM modules...which one did you get? you have to get one that works with your motherboard. I would not suggest trying one that doesn't fit correctly.

You might not need a module, though, since your CPU probably provides a firmware TPM, or fTPM, that's TPM 2.0 compliant and will work for Win 11. You only need to enable it in BIOS...probably in a section called Security. AMD CPU's made since 2017 have...

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Does anyone know if the TPM 2.0 module is compatible with ga a320m-s2h? I see the header on my board and it shows that there are no security devices in my bios. The header has alot more pins than the 2.0 module however. It looks like I would be able to install one with some extra pins being left open? Thanks

There are many different TPM modules...which one did you get? you have to get one that works with your motherboard. I would not suggest trying one that doesn't fit correctly.

You might not need a module, though, since your CPU probably provides a firmware TPM, or fTPM, that's TPM 2.0 compliant and will work for Win 11. You only need to enable it in BIOS...probably in a section called Security. AMD CPU's made since 2017 have them.

Solution

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
What TPM module did you get? you have to get one that works with your motherboard. I would not suggest trying one that doesn't fit correctly.

You might not need a module, though, since your CPU probably provides a firmware TPM, or fTPM, that's TPM 2.0 compliant and will work for Win 11. You only need to enable it in BIOS...probably in a section called Security. AMD CPU's made since 2017 have them.
I was thinking about getting just the GC-TPM2.0_S but the header on my gigabyte motherboards looks like it has the exact number of pins required for GC-TPM (REV1.0) in bios it says that there are no security devices available. My driver on windows is AMD PSP 3.0. Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking about getting just the GC-TPM2.0_S but the header on my gigabyte motherboards looks like it has the exact number of pins required for GC-TPM (REV1.0) in bios it says that there are no security devices available. My driver on windows is AMD PSP 3.0. Thanks for the reply!
Do you have a known requirement for a removeable TPM? If not, I'd just enable the fTPM that's built into your CPU.

You have to enable the fTPM device in BIOS. Look for a section called Security or Trusted Computing.

Under the AMD fTPM section in peripheral. I go to trusted computer. Security devices are enable but it show no security device available
What CPU do you have?

It may say no security device available because there isn't a TPM 2.0 module plugged in, but it's not necessary. Just make sure the fTPM is enabled, then restart.

Once you're back in Windows type Device Security in Cortana. Look to see if it recognizes your TPM or security processor. It will say something like " Your security processor, called the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), is providing additional encryption for your device." That means you have it.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Under the AMD fTPM section in peripheral. I go to trusted computer. Security devices are enable but it show no security device available
Not sure why your even stressing this you can run windows 10 for 4 more years. I've seen nothing that makes me wish to update to 11 especially right now when it's not really even ready.

By the time it's been fully implemented I would expect the TPM will not even be required.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Not sure why your even stressing this you can run windows 10 for 4 more years. I've seen nothing that makes me wish to update to 11 especially right now when it's not really even ready.

By the time it's been fully implemented I would expect the TPM will not even be required.
Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. By that time it would probably be ready for a new board cpu combination.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. By that time it would probably be ready for a new board cpu combination.
It's not just you everybody is freaking out for some reason.

If their nothing wrong with W10 what the heck is everybody thinking?????

EDIT I ran W7 even after they stopped the security updates for it till I upgraded to a new build then went with W10 since I really had no choice with the limited 7 support on the newer hardware.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
What CPU do you have?

It may say no security device available because there isn't a TPM 2.0 module plugged in, but it's not necessary. Just make sure the fTPM is enabled, then restart.

Once you're back in Windows type Device Security in Cortana. Look to see if it recognizes your TPM or security processor. It will say something like " Your security processor, called the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), is providing additional encryption for your device." That means you have it.
I have an R5 2600 and my bios is at Version F.5. I'll keep trying. it was enabled when I looked I didnt have to change anything. And tpm.msc says that it's not on my device.

Last edited:

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
A 2700 definitely should have one. My 1700 has one and that's the oldest Ryzen generation....as well as my 3700X. It's just a matter of getting it enabled in BIOS.
I'm not sure what it is I changed security settings under bios section to setup instead of system and rebooted. Security devices are still enabled but no security device available.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I would like to thank everyone for participating in this thread as I have found the issue. I was just going to trusted computing withoug ACTUALLY enabling fTPM itself....... there seemed to have been an issue between my monitor and the chair. Thanks everyone and I now have TPM 2.0 in windows. Can I get this thread locked? lol

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Status
Not open for further replies.