Question Transferring data from an all-in-one with broken screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2019
Hi, I don't know if this is correct community or place on this forum to ask this, but I really need help trying to do this myself.

I had a Lenovo all-in-one and then cracked the screen. The computer itself works great but without the screen, it is unusable. The price to replace the screen cost more than the exact same all-in-one i could find lightly used, so I got the new computer instead (exact same model).

I desperately need the files and programs on the old computer, but since the screen is cracked, it makes things difficult to get them when I can't see anything on the screen.

I have a TV that I believe I can hook up to the old computer so that I can use it as a monitor to make getting the files and programs easier, but I'm not sure what kind of cable I need.

The help I'm looking for is this:

• will my TV work as a monitor for my all-in-one
  • what kind of cord will I need to hook them up

• what software program do I need to transfer files and programs from the cracked screen computer to the new computer
  • what cords do I need to do all that

I already put out a good amount of money for the new computer and am trying to avoid paying someone else to transfer my data. It can't be that hard.

I have included photos so you can see what I have - the first one is the outlets on my computers (both same model). The second ones are what is on my TV.

all-in-one-computer-outlets.jpg

tv-1.jpg

tv-2.jpg

If you guys don't help with stuff like this, then sorry! Thank you for any help you can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.