Question Transferring files between drives

DrWho345

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
Regretting that I didn’t do it, as soon as I took it out of the box and set it up, I have a 14TB WD HDD and a 16TB WD My [Cloud?] Home Duo with 2 HDD inside.

I should have formatted the 14TB to begin with, and didn’t, it came formatted as ExFAT, I have a Mac and should have formatted it to Mac OS Journaled and I didn’t

Anyway, I am now taking the progress I have made so far, (at least I stopped now, thankfully not later) and I am currently transferring 2TB From the 14TB, back to the 16TB, when that finishes I will format the 14TB to Mac OS Journaled, and put everything back from the 16TB back onto the 14TB

My question is, what is the fastest way to try and do this?

I currently have the 14TB plugged directly into the computer, using Carbon Copy Cloner, it’s been almost ten hours, and is almost at 370GB. I don’t know what I need to improve at this stage, the computer, my internet
I have no idea and need help understanding this and to try and make it faster. Any help would be very much appreciated

DrWho345

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
Its just files right? Copy & paste. I hope you aren't cloning the whole 14tb to the 16Tb and overwriting everything on it

Not at all, there was nothing on the 16TB to begin with (ok not entirely true) I have stuff on it, but the things I am copying (equallying 2 TB) is going to one specific folder