Transferring old data to a new drive

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I ordered an a 4TB HDD on Flack Friday (I got it to replace an old 1TB HDD I got from on old OEM Dell system and I was using in my current custom built PC). The HDD is to replace my secondary drive NOT my main one which is the Corsair Force Series MP500 M.2 NVMe SSD

It arrives tomorrow and I was wondering what would be the best way to transfer my files without losing them and whilst making sure I have access to 4TB instead of the 1TB as well as make sure that I do not lose any games and saves or so on due to them being moved or the fact that it will be recognised as a completely different drive instead of a replacement due to the fact it may have a different path on windows

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Using Macrium Reflect or anything similar, you can make full image backups of your Data partition(s) from your original HD onto your replacement HD, that should work. Remove and store the original HD in a safe place until you know the replacement HD is aok.

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

can it work on a replacement a secondary drive like I stated especially if the replacement has 4x the storage