[SOLVED] Transferring

Apr 21, 2021
Hi
I have a desktop computer currently running Windows 7 Home Premium on a 2tb HDD.

What I want to do is install a new 128gb SSD with Windows 10 Pro installed as my new boot drive.

Next if possible I’d like to install a second SSD 2tb and copy all my files from the old 2tb HDD without copying any of the system files/OS.
Is this possible?

thanks
B

Solution
Yes, it's possible. However I recommend copying the files you want to transfer over into a publicly accessible folder first in Windows 7 to avoid issues with permissions. If it's in the C:\Users\[username] folder, things could get fugly. The C:\Users\Public folder is fine though (if it exists)
Yes, it's possible. However I recommend copying the files you want to transfer over into a publicly accessible folder first in Windows 7 to avoid issues with permissions. If it's in the C:\Users\[username] folder, things could get fugly. The C:\Users\Public folder is fine though (if it exists)

Reactions: Swiftrun
Solution
Apr 21, 2021

Thanks
Sounds like this will be a fun, long haul moving all those files.
I might have to think about what I really need and don’t need