Transform PC with two video grabers in a IP camera streaming the desktop

ruimvp

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
Hello All,

Directly to the question:

1 - I have a Windows 7 PC that has two video grabers.

2 - That PC do not need Internet and has a free network card.

3 - Next to Windows 7 PC is a Windows 10 PC with 2 network cards (one free and other with internet).

Question:

Can i connect the 2 PCs with a crossover cable and in windows 10 PC see the Windows 7 desktop like a IP camera?

And after, stream that IP camera via Windows 10 PC internet connection?

Thank you

Rui Pinto

ruimvp

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
Hello and thanks for your answer.
What i want is to connect a crossover cable to the two PCs via the free network cards. And in the PC that has two network cards stream via the Internet connection. Can you please explain why is necessary buy a switch?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am not understanding "video grabbers"

If you are talking about just a USB camera type situation, you can remote desktop, or use something like mouser, or other apps to remotely view the desktop in question just by being on the same network.

If you are talking about IP cameras you will need a PoE switch and a program to view/record the stream. There are MANY options.

Otherwise, I am not really sure what you mean, and I do cameras for a living.

ruimvp

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I will explain. In the windows 7 PC I have two USB video grabbers, connected to the CCTV cameras, and a photo slide app, so the desktop show this three images. I have a VGA splitter with converter that sends this desktop image to a USB video graber in the windows 10 PC. Then I stream with yawcam in the W10 PC. But the image loses quality. What I want is to transform the W7 PC in a IP camera because in W10 PC I have 2 network cards and in the W7 PC I do not need internet. My Hope is that the image quality improves (like using TeamViewer or Ammyy). This is just my idea, I do not know if it is possible because I am not a expert in computing.

ruimvp

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
Hello,

To keep it simple i just want to know if it is possible that a PC sees another PC as a IP camera or by other words, transform a PC into a generic IP camera. Thank you four your effort and sympathy.