transparencies . . .

along with win_2k . . . as well as all subsequent win models (win_xp
here) . . . direct_x was introduced . . . allowin' for the capability
of transparencies / transitions.

i utilize a personal toolbar . . . and am wonderin' if there is a
registry hack to make this toolbar 30% opaque . . . rather than 100%
opaque.

i already have used third-party utilities, such as Vitrite (small,
but discontinues at reboot) . . . and have tried other utilities as
well.

i am lookin' for somethin' permanent . . . and which does not
necessitate downloading a huge program . . . for one simple feature ?

can one designate a toolbar to be certain percentage of
transparency . . . without usin' a third-party utility ?

--
(new on this message board forum)

"PnamaJck" <pnamajck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> along with win_2k . . . as well as all subsequent win models
> (win_xp
> here) . . . direct_x was introduced . . . allowin' for the capability
> of transparencies / transitions.
>
> i utilize a personal toolbar . . . and am wonderin' if there is
> registry hack to make this toolbar 30% opaque . . . rather than
> 100%
> opaque.
>
> i already have used third-party utilities, such as Vitrite (small,
> but discontinues at reboot) . . . and have tried other utilities as
> well.
>
> i am lookin' for somethin' permanent . . . and which does not
> necessitate downloading a huge program . . . for one simple feature
> ?
>
> can one designate a toolbar to be certain percentage of
> transparency . . . without usin' a third-party utility ?
>
> --
> (new on this message board forum)

Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
periods and extra spaces?

i don't get it . . .

i have never criticized anyone on this forum . . .
neither have i issued any derogatory remarks toward anyone . . .

i have spent some time on the internet . . .
searching for an answer to my question . . .
'n it is not an "ignorant" question by any means . . .

i come to the microsoft.com message forum . . .
postin' my question, without CAPS . . .
searchin' for an intelligent response or resolution.

if the two of you do not have anythin' of "relevance" to offer .
.. .
what's the point in sayin' anythin' at all ?
why not say somethin' to the effect :
"i do not have the answer right now . . .
let me check 'n i will try to get back to you" ?

what i have seen in postings by some of the "regulars" . . .
are political remarks or annotations, such as :
"bless bush, down with kerry" . . . or "bless kerry, down with
bush" . . .
and these are totally against the community guidelines mandated by
microsoft.com . . .
primarily because there is no "relevance" with computer / general
discussions . . .
but . . . none of you criticize a regular here . . . seems you turn
a blind eye ?

i do not understand why you choose to criticize me.
i would appreciate any further replies with my posting to be
"relevant".

"Tricia" <tricialal2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
| Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
| periods and extra spaces?

Not to mention the [shift], [g] and [/] keys

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

try yzshadow on the bottom of this page

http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
This software is free.

The main features
- Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
- Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
window and a different one in the inactive window.
- The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
- Add a drop shadow to the menus.
- Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
- The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
liking in the settings dialog.
- It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
- The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
having the drop shadow effect.
- The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

PnamaJck wrote:
> i don't get it . . .
>
> i have never criticized anyone on this forum . . .
> neither have i issued any derogatory remarks toward anyone . . .
>
> i have spent some time on the internet . . .
> searching for an answer to my question . . .
> 'n it is not an "ignorant" question by any means . . .
>
> i come to the microsoft.com message forum . . .
> postin' my question, without CAPS . . .
> searchin' for an intelligent response or resolution.
>
> if the two of you do not have anythin' of "relevance" to offer .
> . .
> what's the point in sayin' anythin' at all ?
> why not say somethin' to the effect :
> "i do not have the answer right now . . .
> let me check 'n i will try to get back to you" ?
>
> what i have seen in postings by some of the "regulars" . . .
> are political remarks or annotations, such as :
> "bless bush, down with kerry" . . . or "bless kerry, down with
> bush" . . .
> and these are totally against the community guidelines mandated by
> microsoft.com . . .
> primarily because there is no "relevance" with computer / general
> discussions . . .
> but . . . none of you criticize a regular here . . . seems you turn
> a blind eye ?
>
> i do not understand why you choose to criticize me.
> i would appreciate any further replies with my posting to be
> "relevant".
>

>>"Tricia" wrote:
>>Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
>>periods and extra spaces?
>

>>"a nonymous" wrote:
>> Not to mention the [shift], [g] and [/] keys

ken . . .
thanks for takin' the time out to respond.
i have viewed the link you offered . . . 'n have also viewed the
screen_shot of what the program is capable of doin' . . . the
program is also a light-weight (350kb - right up my alley) . . . since,
up 'til now i have no registry hack to accomplish the toolbar
transpareny effect.
one last thing . . . since you obviously use this product (your pic)
.. . . does the software download place any malware (kazaa,
wild_tangent, etc.) on the computer ?

"kenny" wrote:
> try yzshadow on the bottom of this page
> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
> Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
> the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
> It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
> This software is free.
> The main features
> - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
> - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
> window and a different one in the inactive window.
> - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
> option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
> - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
> - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
> - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
> liking in the settings dialog.
> - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
> - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
> having the drop shadow effect.
> - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
> windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

No malware or spyware... its 100% clean!

> ken . . .
> thanks for takin' the time out to respond.
> i have viewed the link you offered . . . 'n have also viewed the
> screen_shot of what the program is capable of doin' . . . the
> program is also a light-weight (350kb - right up my alley) . . .
> since,
> up 'til now i have no registry hack to accomplish the toolbar
> transpareny effect.
> one last thing . . . since you obviously use this product (your
> pic)
> . . . does the software download place any malware (kazaa,
> wild_tangent, etc.) on the computer ?
>
> "kenny" wrote:
>> try yzshadow on the bottom of this page
>> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
>> Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
>> the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
>> It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
>> This software is free.
>> The main features
>> - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
>> - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
>> window and a different one in the inactive window.
>> - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
>> option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
>> - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
>> - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
>> - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
>> liking in the settings dialog.
>> - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
>> - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
>> having the drop shadow effect.
>> - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
>> windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

And works very nicely also from my experience to date