Transportation of my PC for 1500km away

Jun 4, 2018
Hello guys, ill be taking my PC away for 1500km. In two days I will be driving across country, to visit family for a few weeks, but I have run into an interesting problem. My desktop. How am I supposed to move this thing without breaking anything ? I will be putting it into its box and lay it down which is the best idea i guess ? Should i remove the GPU and CPU cooler because they are with pumps ? Any help is appreciated!

Solution
I did this recently, all I had to do was remove my ram, hard drive, GPU, PC case feet and then I put my case back in its box with some Styrofoam padding and just packed the box full of clothes then bubble wrapped it. I took it on the flight with me and just checked it in as oversize carry on luggage so it didn't get chucked around in the actual luggage hold and when I got back everything worked fine. I left the CPU cooler in because I have an AIO closed circuit from corsair its not as heavy as a big bulky air cooler and nothing was loose when I got back, so if you do what I did you should be fine.

USAFRet

Titan

Put it in the box the case came in.
Lay it down on the back seat.
Don't crash the car.
It will be fine.

Questions like this make me wonder how PC's get shipped all the way from China to US and Europe without completely falling apart.

keenwads

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
I did this recently, all I had to do was remove my ram, hard drive, GPU, PC case feet and then I put my case back in its box with some Styrofoam padding and just packed the box full of clothes then bubble wrapped it. I took it on the flight with me and just checked it in as oversize carry on luggage so it didn't get chucked around in the actual luggage hold and when I got back everything worked fine. I left the CPU cooler in because I have an AIO closed circuit from corsair its not as heavy as a big bulky air cooler and nothing was loose when I got back, so if you do what I did you should be fine.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

I'm curious...

If a hard drive is made in a factory in Malaysia
Then shipped to a factory in China, and put in a PC
Then the software is loaded on it
Then that PC is shipped to a warehouse in Long Beach, California
Then delivered by truck to a Distribution center in Richmond, Virginia
Then by truck to my local Walmart
Then by car to my house

And I plug it in and it magically works...

How is that any different than putting the PC in question here in the back of his car and driving cross country?

As Elmer Fudd would say...."Be vewy vewy carefull. "