Question "Trojan.worm Ransomware infection" Fake prompt from microsoft.

Aug 8, 2019
Good Afternoon

Earlier today I booted up my PC to find this fake prompt that refuses to close. I tried restarting the PC as well as using task manager. The only way it does not appear is if I disconnect my internet entirely.

Any help would be deeply appreciated =)

Picture: http://prntscr.com/oq7oyx

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to run some AV/malware scans as well as reset your browser. it's coming from something that is sitting on your pc somewhere. it's running and calling for that scam ad from the web. no telling what else it is doing.

but you need to get it cleared up before you get worse going. right now it is just a scam pop-up but it could be anything at any time. back up data if it is not already and start scanning away!!!

Aug 8, 2019
So I deleted my chrome and it seemed to be coming from it since it never appeared again. I'm going to reinstall it to see if it returns. I also cleared history,cookies and cache in that browser so it should open up clean.

I definitely ran multiple scans with malware bytes and it couldn't find anything.

USAFRet

Titan
This is a scam.

That's not from "Microsoft".

That is a scam dialog popup, that wants you to call that number.
Whereby they will tell you that you system is completely compromised, and offer to 'fix it' for you.

They will even show you your Event Log, with hundreds of "Events'.

You will pay them $300, to 'fix it'.
Meanwhile, they will also troll through your system, discovering all your passwords, private pics, etc, etc.

This is a scam.
Run Malwarebytes, and see what it returns.