TRON's Razer Backlit Keyboard Detachable 10-key

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
So close. I would get one of these if the keyboard's layout was closer to my mini-keyboard layout, containing all the function keys and arrow keys. Splitting up the function keys and putting the arrow keys on the keypad ruins the possibilities for this design.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Meh, I don't care for these much. Too much style and not enough substance. How a keyboard feels, how nice it is to type on, those are what matters. Not stupid flashy LED lights. I'll stick with my trusty old IBM 101 key. It has individual springs and switches under each key, not the shitty plastic membrane that most new keyboards use. The plastic membrane feels like mush to type on. No thanks.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]monty7654[/nom]You do realize the Mamba has an optional wired connection as well right? Wireless for browsing/general PC, wired for gaming (pref). Personally I use mine completely wireless and if I have latency its not noticeable. Although most other high end gaming mice are wired.[/citation]
I am using one right now, so yes I know it can be run wired. It doesn't seem to operate any differently either way. My point was that you don't have to run wired mice for gaming, unless you're a pro and there's money at stake where you couldn't risk a dead battery. My point is that back by demand's comments about wireless mice and gaming are a bunch of whooey. Razer could have made the tron setup wireless without sacrificing performance if they wanted. As TunaSoda said, this isn't 1998.

G

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG..... COOLEST. PRODUCT. EVER! I just bought a logitech G110 and a coolermaster sentinel mouse, which i love, but this is way too irresistable for a hardcore TRON fan like myself. Can someone say "pre-order"? I just hope to God they dont make a tron styled Motorbike, or Im screwed.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
That's 30+ key detached by the looks of it. Hopefully it's cabled so you can keep it connected and relocate it anywhere you want to still use those other keys.

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Despite all the best gaming mice being wired to combat wireless latency issuesComment = fail[/citation]

You win 1 internet :p

joe gamer

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]zaznet[/nom]That's 30+ key detached by the looks of it. Hopefully it's cabled so you can keep it connected and relocate it anywhere you want to still use those other keys.[/citation]
You can switch sides but I'm pretty sure it still has to be connected to the main unit. I'm definitely picking up that keyboard.

G

The 10-key is probably movable from right to left, just like a MS sidewinder keyboard. 10-key on the left with macro remapping is great for FPSs and MMOs.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
They are work in progress...

But I agree with you, the 1st one looks better, but by moving the cursor/keypad could make things odd for right handed people but Lefties will love it.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
The keyboard looks nice, but I think i would hate the mouse, way too flat looking. I'd like to know how the keyboard is illuminated. After using a Deck for a couple years, I can't really appreciate the backlighting on any other keyboard. Although i would def like a KB with macros.... but i have a g13 for that.

so in the end, cool, but pass.

G

The top, I think, is just a flat. Meaning it's just a concept drawing. It just describes the design (in that image, we get the idea that the num pad is detachable).
The other images are for the purposes of... Well, eye candy.

That said, I'm buying this set.

Status
Not open for further replies.