Trouble cooling my athlon 1.2

madmanbmw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My athlon is running at about 57 C when not under any load. The case has one fan the power supply has one fan. I just installed a new Global Win FOP 32. On Tom's review that fan is supposed to take the temp. down to 38 C. Mine is still right at 57 C. I havent applied any artic silver cause I figured my Global Win should cool it at least down to 45 C or so... what is wrong? The chasis temp is about 32 C.

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net

G

is your power supply blocking the air flow of the cpu anf the fan?

.... if so thats ur prob

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

hmm, my friend bought an AMD 900 athlon,
it was built in a mini tower with an AVA266 Asus motherboard.
I think that was the worst setting that anyone could have.
Just imagine this, the power box is right on the top of the CPU fan!!! It's like transferring the heat from the power box to the CPU!
Before I pulled out the power box and applied the gel to the CPU, the chip starts making some noise after it's turned on in 5 -10 minutes.

madmanbmw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am not really sure how to tell when the case is vertical yes the power supply is about 4 inches above the fan and cpu. But I was running the system on it's side with the case open. so???

Madison
mmcmajor@ape.net

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Running 1.2gh @ 1.33 on KK266, temps run in the range of 41c to 45c, 45c fully loaded with system temp around 30c. Using Alpha cooler and Artic Silver II.