[SOLVED] Trouble enabling HDR

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
I can finally play 4k Blu-ray discs with my new HP slim PC, but I can't seem to enable the HDR function. The 4k Blu-rays look like DVD quality(!) Regular Blu-rays actually look better than the 4k Blu-rays.
I have an Intel UHD 630 graphics card with an ACER VG280K UHD, 10-bit monitor (installed the ACER's latest drivers) and I enabled HDR on the monitor​
I enabled SGX in the BIOS of the PC​
I have used 2 different 4k hdmi cables​
I'm using 64-bit Windows Home, version 21H1 with all of the latest updates​
If you have any ideas, please advise. Thanks.

AQl2Xj.png

Solution
Have a look here.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/s...raphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

For HDR over HDMI your motherboard needs an LSPCON chip on the motherboard. Plus a lot of other requirements.

Thanks. This makes more sense to me now.

It is interesting because I have the Intel 630 and Intel i5-10400 on my HP S01-pF1036, but no HDR support.
The HP S01-1048xt also has the Intel 630 and Intel i5-10400 but has HDR support. It is also about $90 more. They must have different motherboards.

My solution, a discrete GPU with HDR that I can plug in to one of my '1036' expansion ports.

Lutfij

Titan
I have an Intel UHD 630 graphics card
That's the iGPU. What processor are you working with?

HP slim PC
Might want to include the model/SKU for the prebuilt. Check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. If you have BISO versions pending update, gradually work your way to the latest version. As for your GPU, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot, then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your Intel iGPU(with the latest found off of Intel's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if they help.

Reactions: Jay_34

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
I have an Intel UHD 630 graphics card
That's the iGPU. What processor are you working with?

HP slim PC
Might want to include the model/SKU for the prebuilt. Check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. If you have BISO versions pending update, gradually work your way to the latest version. As for your GPU, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot, then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your Intel iGPU(with the latest found off of Intel's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if they help.

HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1036, 10th Generation i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

I thought that you only use DDU if you're switching/changing GPUs?

I did get the latest Intel updates. Then I noticed that Intel said to defer to the manufacturer's/HP updates, which I did.

Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM).
OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from Hewlett-Packard (HP). Report any issues found with this driver to Intel.

Thanks for opining.

Last edited:

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
Maybe Windows 11 with auto HDR will fix this? Until then, I bought an inexpensive, open-box Panasonic 4k UHD player---with HDR---to connect to my UHD monitor.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

Last edited:

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
Have a look here.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/s...raphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

For HDR over HDMI your motherboard needs an LSPCON chip on the motherboard. Plus a lot of other requirements.

Thanks. This makes more sense to me now.

It is interesting because I have the Intel 630 and Intel i5-10400 on my HP S01-pF1036, but no HDR support.
The HP S01-1048xt also has the Intel 630 and Intel i5-10400 but has HDR support. It is also about $90 more. They must have different motherboards.

My solution, a discrete GPU with HDR that I can plug in to one of my '1036' expansion ports.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS