trouble getting nvidia drivers to work

Having trouble installing drivers for nvidia gforce4 mx4000 on both xp home
ed and xp pro. For some reason vga.save uses same resorces and installs
itself instead of the nvidia drivers. I have tried both the cd and downloaded
new drivers from web, but , does not correct problem. What do I need to do? I
need the drivers for gaming.

Did you uninstall the old drivers first?

"SpiderDragon" <SpiderDragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having trouble installing drivers for nvidia gforce4 mx4000 on both xp
home
> ed and xp pro. For some reason vga.save uses same resorces and installs
> itself instead of the nvidia drivers. I have tried both the cd and
downloaded
> new drivers from web, but , does not correct problem. What do I need to
do? I
> need the drivers for gaming.

Lower the AGP aperture in the BIOS. Try 64mb first, if still no change, try
32mb
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)