Trouble overclocking ddr4 ram

Hallowed_Thrall

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
So I've decided to overclock my ram and everything is completely stable, it's just when I restart my computer it fails to boot once then succeeds after, this doesn't happen if I just shut the computer down then start it. Also, this only happens when I OC it over 2400Mhz. Running at 2933Mhz 1.35V.
Hope someone could help with this I can't find anyone else experiencing this.
Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRm3yX

Solution
DDR4-2666 Memory may run at slower speeds but higher speeds is not something that is a sure thing.

Running multiple kits have no guarantee to be compatible together and may cause the memory to be unable to operate at rated specifications and be unable to boot. That may explain why your 2666MHz memory won't run at rated speeds.
DDR4-2666 Memory may run at slower speeds but higher speeds is not something that is a sure thing.

Running multiple kits have no guarantee to be compatible together and may cause the memory to be unable to operate at rated specifications and be unable to boot. That may explain why your 2666MHz memory won't run at rated speeds.

Solution

Hallowed_Thrall

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

It's in the pcpartpicker that i linked but here: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C15S-8GVR

Hallowed_Thrall

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

It'll boot just fine if I shut the computer down and start it, just not when I restart it. That's what doesn't make sense to me.