Question Trouble posting after removing power source

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

Looking for some help with an issue I have with my current set up.

If I shut down and I remove the 3 pin plug from the socket in the wall or flick the switch to the off position on the PSU I seem to have trouble posting when I switch things back on.

For example if I remove the plug from the back of the PSU so I can move my pc onto a table where I would clean it. When I put everything back and switch on the pc it has trouble posting. The fans spin at 100% and my RGB lighting comes on but not the colour or fan speed I had set. The debug LEDS do come on and work their way round. Sometimes I have noticed it stick on CPU or DRAM. I do have a motherboard speaker attached and only recently I have been getting three short beeps when I have connected the power after cleaning. I think that is a RAM issue (Just going to look that up now). I never used to get any beeps after connecting the power again. It used to just work round the debug lights. Either way after around 5 minutes of trying to post it finally just posts like nothing ever happened. However I always have to go in and set the ram to XMP Profile in the BIOS. I also have to open NZXT Cam for my fan speeds. The pc has always done when removed from the power source. I don't think it been because of me relocating the pc or something I have done during cleaning.

I never have blue screens or do any over clocking and I am very happy with the performance of this machine. I just would like to get to the bottom of this. I don’t often move my PC but I’m worried there might be a bigger issue.

Just a side note I had to RMA the same motherboard about 6 months after I got it as it just would not post. I can’t quite remember what happened but one of the debug led went red and just wouldn’t budge. They confirmed it was faulty and replaced it with a new one. Since then I have never really trusted the motherboard. I have put my purchase dates next to my components.

Thank you

Case - NZXT Elite

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 31/07/2019
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M - 31/07/2019 *RMA 31/01/2020
Corsair 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 Vengeance - 11/12/2019

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super -06/11/2019

1TB 860 evo SSD(main) 06/01/2019
500GB 860 evo SSD - 20/8/2018
1TB HDD

650W Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold - 03/09/2019

Monitors
LG 27GL850-B
LG 27GN800-B

Hi,

Looking for some help with an issue I have with my current set up.

If I shut down and I remove the 3 pin plug from the socket in the wall or flick the switch to the off position on the PSU I seem to have trouble posting when I switch things back on.

For example if I remove the plug from the back of the PSU so I can move my pc onto a table where I would clean it. When I put everything back and switch on the pc it has trouble posting. The fans spin at 100% and my RGB lighting comes on but not the colour or fan speed I had set. The debug LEDS do come on and work their way round. Sometimes I have noticed it stick on CPU or DRAM. I do have a motherboard speaker attached and only recently I have been getting three short beeps when I have connected the power after cleaning. I think that is a RAM issue (Just going to look that up now). I never used to get any beeps after connecting the power again. It used to just work round the debug lights. Either way after around 5 minutes of trying to post it finally just posts like nothing ever happened. However I always have to go in and set the ram to XMP Profile in the BIOS. I also have to open NZXT Cam for my fan speeds. The pc has always done when removed from the power source. I don't think it been because of me relocating the pc or something I have done during cleaning.

I never have blue screens or do any over clocking and I am very happy with the performance of this machine. I just would like to get to the bottom of this. I don’t often move my PC but I’m worried there might be a bigger issue.

Just a side note I had to RMA the same motherboard about 6 months after I got it as it just would not post. I can’t quite remember what happened but one of the debug led went red and just wouldn’t budge. They confirmed it was faulty and replaced it with a new one. Since then I have never really trusted the motherboard. I have put my purchase dates next to my components.

Thank you

Case - NZXT Elite

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 31/07/2019
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M - 31/07/2019 *RMA 31/01/2020
Corsair 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 Vengeance - 11/12/2019

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super -06/11/2019

1TB 860 evo SSD(main) 06/01/2019
500GB 860 evo SSD - 20/8/2018
1TB HDD

650W Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold - 03/09/2019

Monitors
LG 27GL850-B
LG 27GN800-B
Cheap test.....replace the bios bat.

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

I tried replacing the the battery but still get the same issue. I put things back together and switch the pc on. It seem to hang up on the DRAM debug led for a few minutes then jumping around the other three then stops at the DRAM again. Fans spin at 100% (not what I set), RGB is not the colour I set and I have to set Ram to profile in the Bios again. No beeps this time but something still isn't right.

Its like it forgets its settings when ever unplug from the wall. It seems to always sort it self but I'm wanting to upgrade soon and want to fix this as I plan to sell it to help fund the upgrade. I also tried Windows Memory Diagnostic and it passed with no errors.

Any more ideas?

Thank you

Last edited: