Question Trouble setting up drivers for my wireless antenna

Ryallen

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Going through my motherboard installation, I uninstalled my Gigabyte wireless antenna drivers by mistake and I need to reinstall them. I downloaded drivers for the wireless antenna from the website, but when I open the file to run the setup, it says that access is denied. I can't find a solution online.

Ryallen

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
So I think (keyword think) I managed to reinstall the wireless antenna, but now under Device Manager, the antenna (labelled Intel(R) Duel Band Wireless-AC 3168#2) has a small yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it. I tried updating the drivers but that didn't work. Not certain what to do from here.

First, it's not "wireless antenna" but "Intel(R) Duel Band Wireless-AC 3168" a WiFi adapter. If it's built in MB (which it does look like), try to disable it in BIOS and uninstall it's drivers before switching it on and install new drivers.

Ryallen

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
First, it's not "wireless antenna" but "Intel(R) Duel Band Wireless-AC 3168" a WiFi adapter. If it's built in MB (which it does look like), try to disable it in BIOS and uninstall it's drivers before switching it on and install new drivers.
I already uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Under properties it said the reason why the antenna failed to activate was a code 10.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS