Trouble with Win 7 reinstall after DBAN wipe

allyncooper

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Selling a desktop I built 2 years ago. Did a DBAN wipe on:

120 GB Kingston SSD and a 1T Western Digital HHD (after transferring files of course)

Trying to reinstall Win 7 Pro (OEM System Builder Pack) which I originally installed after the build with no problem. I get as far as the screen that asks where to install. The WD HHD shows on the list but Win won't install. The Kingston SSD doesn't show at all. Both drives show in BIOS.

Error message: "Windows was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition" This relates to the WD HHD - again the Kingston SSD doesn't show at all in the Windows install widow which is where I want to install the OS (and where I had it installed previously)

What is the problem and what is the solution? TIA

allyncooper

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Vembutech, Thanks for your advice. Not using a USB flash drive for install, using the Win 7 builder pack CD (so I have the key to reinstall). But tried your proposed solution using the install CD in place of the flash and didn't work. Somehow the DBAN wipe made the HHD unable to format with Windows, and again the SSD doesn't show up at all in the Windows install. ( Both are shown in BIOS). Have tried installing new drivers, no luck there. Again on my original build had no problem with Window install where I installed the OS on the SSD as boot drive. At a loss here, any further suggestions welcome.

TRENDING THREADS