Troubleshooting ASrock z97 Extreme6 problems

Chupacabra69

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Basically I'm looking for a motherboard testing program.

So you may have read some of my threads about video issues and system lockups. These issues have since diminished, I was able to RMA my video card and to XFX tech's kudos they replaced my 3 year old video card with a brand new in the box RX 570 4gb..! WOW! I also replaced my PSU and since these 2 changes my system is more stable and I haven't had a lockup yet.

Now I am still having issues, when I go to detect hardware changes, the system locks up in device manager. When I try to install drivers and run an AMD installer it locks up. I got around this by extracting to a directory and doing a have disk.

I suspect my motherboard, ASrock z97 Extreme 6, is also having issues. To my surprise, they did not include a bios hardware test and I don't seem to see one on their site. I was wondering if you all know of any program I can use to run through checks on my mainboard before submitting for RMA?

My board is still barely eligible so I will have to send in fast.. but then I will be out of a computer, my only one, for however long the RMA takes. I am thinking of just buying a replacement LGA 1150 mobo while it is RMA'd. But we'll see on that.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Extreme6/#Manual

Chupacabra69

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
thanks for the suggestion but i just did a clean os install 1 month ago. to do so again would take a few hours to back up, re image, restore backup, reinstall and configure all apps. vs a hardware scan which could be only 20-60 min and run while i am afk doing other stuff irl.

i'd like to start out with a hardware scan. i just don't know if there is any i can obtain for this motherboard. honestly i am SHOCKED one is not in bios. that has been a pretty standard inclusion from working with computers for many years.

if the answer is, there is no scanner (generic or otherwise) available to test this motherboard hardware.. then thanks, and poo poo on asrock..

Are you looking for something like UserBenchMark?

http://www.userbenchmark.com/Software

Chupacabra69

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Not really looking for a benchmark, more looking for something to test the hardware components to determine good/bad. But if by running the benchmark it will also test hw, that works too. Thanks