Troubleshooting help possibly psu or mobo

thepeanut123

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
So today was my birthday and I decided to buy a ryzen 5 1600 as an upgrade from a 1200. I installed it overclocked it a bit, ran cinebench 2 times then played a match of pubg however I froze right after so I started to slowly increase voltages however now my pc is having many issues. Sometimes when I turn it on nothing will pop up, I get an error saying windows has an error and I get the restart or advanced repair or I can log in and freeze or do stuff for a few min then freeze. I've tried switching my 1050ti to a 1050, tried both sticks of ram and both pcie slots but same results. I've had similar issues when I didn't update my gpu driver for a year but it would only freeze in the 2.0 slot not the 3.0 until I updated so I tried that this time for the 1050ti that was plugged in however when that didn't work I switched slots and then geoforce experience uninstalled itself. Specs: r5 1600 asrock b350m pro4(mobo was bought in December which is when a bunch of bad ones were shipped however this might not be causing an issue idk) 16 gb team dark 2400mhz ram be quiet pure rock slim msi oc 1050ti/ evga 1050 1tb seagate hdd 240gb apacer ssd rosewill 550w hive which also powers 3 fans by molex

thepeanut123

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017

I have already taken off the overclock sorry should've stated that and ill try downloading hardware info for the sensors and i am on the latest bios already. also ive never downloaded the amd chipset from the amd website ive only ever updated my mobo drivers should i download the amd drives?

Ok this is about my 3rd and last time editing my message now my pc will either not show a picture at all a few resets or it'll work for a few minutes in which my screen will flicker once after all my discord and Spotify stuff is done loading and a second time when I lose signal also I now noticed that no matter the configuration I'm only seeing 8gb of ram so i will now just rebuild the entire thing and hope that helps and I will report my findings

I have rebuilt the system and at first it worked fine and it let me install drivers however now it will freeze if idle for around 5 minutes so any suggestions would be nice.