Question Troubleshooting Laptop display issue

Jul 14, 2022
Long story short....I bought a Lenovo. Starting to deeply regret that.

OK, hinge broke off the cover and broke the LCD. So I purchased new LCD screen, new hinges and new cover. Replaced everything, hooked everything up. Won't boot. After much frustration, I realized that if I disconnect the EDP cable, it boots up and seems to respond to keystrokes normally. If I connect the cable back, it refuses to boot. Yes, I tried the reset button.

So theoretically, if the integrated graphics card is toast, it shouldn't boot, right? Or am I wrong on that?

I'm stuck between thinking it's the card or maybe the EDP cable (which will take weeks to get from China)....or possibly the brand-new LCD, which I doubt Anyone have any genius ideas on how to test either one without ordering a new cable?

Yoga 710 151kb model 80v50010us
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620

Jul 14, 2022
On which side did the hinge broke, do you have a picture maybe?

It broke on the right side if the laptop was open.

But I think I have finally figured it out! I had tried an HDMI cable with an adapter to see if I could get it to display to an external monitor but so far, hadn't gotten anything. But I decided to double-check the adapter and lo and behold, it was cruddy! I finally got the laptop to display to an external. So I'm thinking it's definitely the cable. I'll replace and hopefully be done. :)