Question Troubleshooting random system crashes

Aug 6, 2019
Hello,

I need some help trying to figure out what is going on with my computer. While I am playing certain games or randomly when my computer is sitting at the desktop it crashes to a black screen (no blue screen or error message) and completely reboots. Some games I play have been fine but the most frequent crashes have occurred when playing Overwatch but it has happened during other times as well seemingly at random.

System components:
  • Corsair CX-750 750 Watt power supply
  • Intel Core i7 8700K CPU
  • Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming 3 WiFi motherboard
  • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RGB RAM
  • Gigabyte Aorus 1070 Ti graphics card
  • Sandisk 500GB SSD & Samsung 120GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO cooler
Things that I have tried but the issue still occurs:
  • The corsair CX-750 was bought a few weeks ago, I swapped that out for my old 750 watt power supply but the same issue occurs
  • I have tried installing the RAM in different slots, each stick one at a time in different slots
  • I reseated the CPU and cleaned off the thermal compound and reapplied some, I checked the pins on the mobo and CPU and did not see any paste on them
  • I reseated the GPU
  • I have reinstalled Windows 10 (using the clean the drive option) and made sure all the sound, motherboard and GPU drivers are up to date
I originally thought that maybe something was overheating but after checking the temps just before a crash occurs the CPU is on average around 50-60 degrees C and the GPU never goes above 70 C even just before a crash occurs. I also have not overclocked any of the components. Any help would be appreciated, I can also provide my dxdiag and any other info that is needed.

Thanks