Trump Administration Drawing Blueprint for Internet Privacy Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does actually appear to be a matter for Federal law, since it is 4A of the Constitution that recognizes (does not grant) the right of the people to be secure in their persons, places, and effects against unreasonable search and seizure.
The preceding was fact.
What follows is my opinion.
Advertisers, and their agents and assigns have absolutely no right to know anything about me that I do not expressly tell them. The spamming and telemarketing that result from the dissemination of my contact information, not being an accident or a "crime of passion" but Willful Wrongdoing, should be punishable by Death. If that seems harsh (and I agree that it is), then DON'T DO IT.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Not really sure how I fell about this on the one hand you have Them consulting with tech companies and broadcast companies & on the other hand you have Mr Trump which is a business person and business comes first for a person like him. So the US people will either get screwed over or this could actually be a good thing and make things some what better. My own thoughts are the people will be getting the shaft for sure but that's just my own opinion on this. Either way I do not live in the states so which ever way it turns out does not affect me or my family.

Just because you don't live in the states doesn't mean you are immune to the consequences of whatever they decide.

Even if you live in Russia your information may end up on a Facebook server in the US.

stdragon

Admirable

The 4th only applies to the Government, not the private individual. Meaning, the Feds can't conduct unreasonable search and seizure upon a citizen. However, that doesn't stop a private entity from doing the same. Unless of course existing state or federal law says otherwise.

That all said, yes, Congress can, and does, legislate new laws to take place where there's no conflict with the US Constitution.

TBH the US Gov. doesnt care what the "law" states unless it benefits them.

nearly every part of the Gov has been caught breaking the law atleast once in soem way or another...no punishment happens. People forget about it. and Gov just get sneakier and still do it.

I wouldnt mind ISP charging me more than currently.....but they damn best improve the speeds as they are the laughing stock of the developed nations in net speed to price...

Status
Not open for further replies.