News Trump Flip-Flops on Huawei Once Again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Trump and our Government is a Tyrannical!
Now please take away my guns and tax me 70% for “free” healthcare

Things have never been better, you guys need to wake up and get off the fake news bandwagon.
You do know that outside VAT, there are no taxes in China, right? Since most essential businesses are state-owned, medical treatments and drugs are sold without looking for profit, but for efficiency - you DO pay something to the hospital to get treatment, but it's a fraction of the cost you'd pay in the US. Granted, you end up in hospitals where you wait for hours if not days on end to get a specific treatment, but you DO get treated and they sure as heck try to cure you .
And, being the son of a doctor, I've heard many times the unofficial motto for drug labs in the West : "curing a patient's illness means losing a customer". In China, they cure you - they do their best not to see you again. They don't feed you pills for life.
Yes, I did try several hospitals in China; they handle the patients quickly and efficiently : they have no time to waste with a few hundred people after you. It's a machine, they don't coddle you, but when you get out there's a good chance you're cured for good.

ree73515

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
You do know that outside VAT, there are no taxes in China, right? Since most essential businesses are state-owned, medical treatments and drugs are sold without looking for profit, but for efficiency - you DO pay something to the hospital to get treatment, but it's a fraction of the cost you'd pay in the US. Granted, you end up in hospitals where you wait for hours if not days on end to get a specific treatment, but you DO get treated and they sure as heck try to cure you .
And, being the son of a doctor, I've heard many times the unofficial motto for drug labs in the West : "curing a patient's illness means losing a customer". In China, they cure you - they do their best not to see you again. They don't feed you pills for life.
Yes, I did try several hospitals in China; they handle the patients quickly and efficiently : they have no time to waste with a few hundred people after you. It's a machine, they don't coddle you, but when you get out there's a good chance you're cured for good.
Well, just want to shine a light here about Chinese Hospitals. Yes, you are right, if you have small (not costly) medical problems. The Chinese hospital is pretty efficient and fast. However, if a person has a costly medical problem, the hospital WILL STOP all treatment if that person cannot pay the bill. Many Chinese families are bankrupted because of expensive medical bills. Some choose not to treat. There are many cases published in the newspaper. (by the way, the hospital is 100% free for the high government officials). I know some Chinese people have to buy extra medical insurance if they are self-employed or have no jobs. Sometimes the company will buy the insurance for the employees.

While in China I visited a hospital. This is what I found out:
  • Hospitalized patients are considered no longer registered in the hospital after 10 to 12 days, whether their illness is long-term or not. This means they or their caregivers have to stand in long line ups to complete re-registration paperwork every 10 to 12 days and pay additional enrolment fees.
  • One small room has eight patients. There is no privacy and it is very crowded and loud. No one gets any sleep.
  • Nursing care is limited to providing medication. They do not assist with going to the bathroom, nor do they provide any other care outside of dispensing medications. Family members or hired caregivers are required for any care required by patients. For example, food, going to the bathroom, taking a shower. These are all carried out by caregivers/family members. Food is not provided by the hospital.
  • Hospitals are crowded. Line ups are long.
  • In many cases patients bribe doctors in order to obtain the treatment that they need (since there are limited resources in some hospitals) or for the purpose of being able to see a top of the line doctor.

Last edited:

ree73515

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
Yeah, I know - I actually know a bunch of them, actually. But were any of them born in the last 30 years? Because all those I know are older than that (when living in China was actually really harsh). The younger generation is more into getting professional experience and money aboard then going back to China to get a well-paying job and live the easy life. It's also easier to get a masters degree abroad than in China : in the US you only need to pay the big bucks to get a degree, in China, competition is fierce to enter the best universities.
Yes, there are still more Chinese people (including younger generations) moving to the States. Many of the younger generation want to get a green card if they can, but it is very hard to get one now. Hint, if you have ever visited a Chinese church in North America, you will find a lot of the attendees have immigrated from mainland China in recent years. There are so many immigrant agencies or companies in China to help people to move overseas. Those companies are making good money. Many rich Chinese people, business people and celebrities have moved or are trying to move to the States or other developed countries (for example Canada) As a matter of fact, the EB-5 investor visa program is flooded by Chinese nationals.

ree73515

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
Careful about the Dalai Lama - it's a very polarizing subject even in Tibet. I know guys from Tibet who hate his guts as the representation of the extremely harsh caste system that was prevalent before the Chinese invasion (which, in the grand scope of History, is only the latest in a long series of conflicts between the Middle Kingdom and all its territories). The guy could be wise as heck (and most likely is), he's human like the rest of us.
As a reverse example, just ask the Muslims of the city of Ci'an how they feel about the actions led by the CIA in Iran (and Irak, but that's a sore subject after sept. 11) since 1953.
By using Chinese propaganda machines, newspapers, TVs, etc., the CCP has suppressed or covered up many things. Many things are censored. That is why there is a great firewall in China, you cannot access many websites, for example Google and Facebook are not accessible in China. What is the CCP hiding? Why is the CCP doing this? What are they afraid of?
Unfortunately, many Chinese people are "brain washed”, and they can only tell you what the CCP has "educated” them about because of the propaganda and censorship. That is why if you ask a Chinese opinion about the Dalai Lama, the majority of the Chinese people will tell you he is a bad guy and wants to separate China, etc. If he is so bad, why did he win the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989? Why are there so many foreign government officials and persons that have met the Dalai Lama? Please read The People's Daily (the CCP’s propaganda newspaper), ESPECIALLY THE OLD ARCHIVE, it is mind blowing. I am not saying the Dalai Lama is a perfect person. Not at all.
Mind you, when you talk to a Chinese person (not all of them), just be aware that they are somewhat a product of censorship, CCP’s propaganda.