[SOLVED] Trusted Prebuilt Gaming PC sites?

PlanetXeno

Reputable
Feb 28, 2019
Recently looked into Cyberpower and Ibuypower, looked at the reviews and they seemed awful. Looked at Digital Storm, looked good, but seems their Financing is atrocious. I trust this website, and this community has always seemed well informed to me. Anyway, are there any trusted sites that allow me to buy a Pre Built pc (that allow me to select my own gpu/cpu etc) and that offer financing?

Solution
Im sure I could build them, just a matter of having the money...

...I mean what would it cost me for a i7 9700k, and a rtx 2080 along with all the other parts id need for it to run right?
Those are extremely high-end compenents, and you absolutely don't need that kind of hardware to run games well. If you don't have the money to build a system with that kind of hardware, then you should be looking for more mid-range components instead. Even a system with a sub-$200 CPU and sub-$200 graphics card can push over 60fps at 1080p with high settings in most current games. Past a certain point, there are diminishing returns on what spending more for hardware will get you, and you can get good gaming performance on a far lower budget...
CyberpowerPC and iBuypowerPC systems are junk and their support is the worst in the industry. I would avoid them at all costs. I can literally link you to about 50 instances, and I stopped collecting them after that, of examples of poor assembly, poor quality control, completely incompatible hardware installed and shipped together, complete fail by tech and warranty support. On and on. If you buy from them, you have yourself alone to blame.

There are no prebuilt gaming systems that I can recommend, with good conscience, that will be both reasonably priced and will offer something worth the cost and have decent support in the event of any problems. One instance of having to ship your system back to them to fix something and you've already spend more than you ever saved.

If you cannot build it yourself (And I don't know why you couldn't. I know plenty of 14 year olds on here that have done it multiple times, as well as some 75 year olds that I've helped walk through the process) then I'd suggest buying the parts and then paying a reputable builder that you should be able to find locally to do the assembly for you. Honestly, my mom was able to assemble a working system from scratch, and if she could do it, anybody could do it.

The other option is to simply buy a prebuilt system from somebody like Dell or HP, and you'll want to make sure ahead of time that it uses standard ATX components, and no proprietary SFF garbage, and then add your own graphics card and storage, or whatever, to it. Even aftermarket cooling if desired. It's a poor option, but better than many of the prebuilt gaming manufacturers if you dont' want to pay three times what you could build it for yourself AND get better hardware warranties on through the manufacturers rather than the builder.

PlanetXeno

Reputable
Feb 28, 2019
CyberpowerPC and iBuypowerPC systems are junk and their support is the worst in the industry. I would avoid them at all costs. I can literally link you to about 50 instances, and I stopped collecting them after that, of examples of poor assembly, poor quality control, completely incompatible hardware installed and shipped together, complete fail by tech and warranty support. On and on. If you buy from them, you have yourself alone to blame.

There are no prebuilt gaming systems that I can recommend, with good conscience, that will be both reasonably priced and will offer something worth the cost and have decent support in the event of any problems. One instance of having to ship your system back to them to fix something and you've already spend more than you ever saved.

If you cannot build it yourself (And I don't know why you couldn't. I know plenty of 14 year olds on here that have done it multiple times, as well as some 75 year olds that I've helped walk through the process) then I'd suggest buying the parts and then paying a reputable builder that you should be able to find locally to do the assembly for you. Honestly, my mom was able to assemble a working system from scratch, and if she could do it, anybody could do it.

The other option is to simply buy a prebuilt system from somebody like Dell or HP, and you'll want to make sure ahead of time that it uses standard ATX components, and no proprietary SFF garbage, and then add your own graphics card and storage, or whatever, to it. Even aftermarket cooling if desired. It's a poor option, but better than many of the prebuilt gaming manufacturers if you dont' want to pay three times what you could build it for yourself AND get better hardware warranties on through the manufacturers rather than the builder.
Im sure I could build them, just a matter of having the money. Not very fluent of how to build them though. I have NO idea where to buy parts, and what i need along with gpu, cpu. Let alone what else id need to make them compatible, hence the pre built idea. I mean what would it cost me for a i7 9700k, and a rtx 2080 along with all the other parts id need for it to run right? Is there a site where i can buy all the parts id need and just buy and assemble myself?

Certainly there is, but often you can save hundreds of dollars on one full build by purchasing from multiple vendors, going with whichever vendor has the item you want for the least. Most of them tend to offer free shipping on most stuff these days anyhow, or very little, so buying all from one vendor doesn't tend to be a big deal anymore for shipping reasons.

Let's look at this another way. What was the system you were MOST interested in from one of the prebuilt companies and how much was that system? (Include all of the hardware AND the exact model numbers of everything it came with including the power supply and case, because those are two things these prebuilt companies absolutely skimp out on and that's bad, because the PSU is the MOST important component in any build and the case (IF it's a good one) is the most likely component to still be with you in five or ten years or at least through several builds if it's a worthy home for your parts.)

Also, what country are you in and what is your ACTUAL budget you'd like to target for the build?

Last edited:
Im sure I could build them, just a matter of having the money...

...I mean what would it cost me for a i7 9700k, and a rtx 2080 along with all the other parts id need for it to run right?
Those are extremely high-end compenents, and you absolutely don't need that kind of hardware to run games well. If you don't have the money to build a system with that kind of hardware, then you should be looking for more mid-range components instead. Even a system with a sub-$200 CPU and sub-$200 graphics card can push over 60fps at 1080p with high settings in most current games. Past a certain point, there are diminishing returns on what spending more for hardware will get you, and you can get good gaming performance on a far lower budget than what a system with those components would cost.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS