Try to find HyperX RAM (HX316C9SR/8) compatible mohterboard with b250/H270/Z270 chipset

davorzec.emedia

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
So I decided to build budget PC with G4560 CPU.

While searching for parts I found HyperX HX316C9SR/8 8gb RAM for $49! New from store.

Then I tried to find compatible motherboard and can't find any. By compatible I mean go to MB manufacture site and check RAM compatibility for this RAM model. And I tried pcpartpicker.com, also nothing.

How can I know what MB to buy for G4560 and this RAM?
I am noob at this and want to be sure before purchase.

Full RAM info https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX316C9SR_8.pdf

Thanks

davorzec.emedia

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

Now when you said that I started to google it and it seems it's not a good idea to use ddr3 with G4560 compatible board?

Yep, exactly. While there are some 6th gen boards that would allow such build, generally it's not good idea to mix ddr3 and g4560, or any 7th gen CPU for that matter. ddr3 works at 1.5-1.65 V, while those CPU are supposed to work with 1.2-1.35 V rams. While motherboard that supports ddr3 can downvolt the sticks, it can affect performance, stability and longevity of whole system. So, in short: not advised.

Nighterlev

Honorable
Nov 1, 2015

You'll need to use DDR4 RAM if you're planning to use a 7th gen processor with a compatible motherboard. Of course very few motherboards exist that support both DDR3-DDR4 RAM (although with this in mind it's advised to use more on the high-end of processors, not a simple budget orientated G4560 if you're planning to build such a system, which would also be pretty expensive alone and judging from what you've stated your more on the budget side of things anyways)

Nighterlev

Honorable
Nov 1, 2015

Voltage wise for the RAM doesn't matter at all when you take into account the processors. It's more on the lines of timings, speeds, and how the RAM is built in general. Whenever you say voltage, I think of what the motherboard is capable of (whether or not the motherboard can support said voltages) not the CPU.

In this case, the only motherboards that would work with said voltages would be a motherboard that supports both DDR3, and DDR4 RAM, which alone is already pretty expensive.