Trying to Factory Reset Malfunctioning Computer after Windows 10 Crash

Mcarter97

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
After my computer crashed during an update it was no longer proceeding past the motherboard's booting screen. My motherboard is a Gigabyte H170M0D3H. I can't access bios setup, all that appears is a black screen with a large cursor. And when I attempt to reinstall windows 10 with the disk it won't let me 'upgrade' as the partition is locked and it won't let me custom install windows as none of the drive partitions are the right format, and it won't allow me to format any of them. I am very happy to lose everything on my computer to get it working again.
Thanks

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug your PC from the wall then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it in BIOS.
- If this will not work remove the CMOS battery then put it back in and that should reset BIOS to default then test it again if you'll be able to reinstall Windows.
- If this will not work your last option would be to remove the HDD of your PC and try to install Windows 10 from a different PC with your HDD in it.
- If your HDD will not work with a different PC that means you know your suspect.