Question Trying to figure out weird frame drops in games after installing new hardware

Feb 25, 2019
A few days ago I installed a new 8700k CPU, a new Gigabyte motherboard and a liquid cooler (Corsair H100i Pro), which replaced the Ryzen 5 1500X and the older Gigabyte AM4 motherboard I had; a little while after I ended up reinstalling Win10 as well. Games run as well as I would expect them to, but at random points I'll get weird FPS drops and stuttering which usually lasts for a second or two at a time. A notable example is the Resident Evil 2 remake, which will normally sit around 80 FPS, but at those random point will briefly drop (according to Steam's FPS counter) to around 20. I would be slightly less puzzled if the issue only came up in more graphically demanding games, but I've had the problem come up in the same way in a 2D sprite-based shooter, which makes it harder to pinpoint where this problem would be coming from.

To be fair, I haven't had this problem with every game I've tried (Apex Legends ran just fine), but all the games on Steam I've tried had this happen, all of which for sure never had this issue before I upgraded.

As of now I've tried reinstalling graphics drivers, updating the BIOS, checking on connections in the PC and even rearranging the RAM, none of which showed improvement in this regard. I've asked around in a few places and haven't really gotten any concrete ideas. I've put a lot into this PC over a number of years, and it sucks for such a weird issue to suddenly come up, I almost feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Here are benchmark stats from earlier which have more information on my specs:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14993968
(Since it isn't listed here, my power supply is 600W.)