Question Trying to find out what causes my PC to freeze

Oct 17, 2023
hey, i recently built a PC, worked properly up until a week ago where it crashed whilst i was playing apex. I had to shut it down holding the power button for 5 sec (at the time i had no idea this could hurt the PC) i then procceded to start the PC, loaded up apex and noticed alot of micro freezing happening that lasted for about .5 seconds but they happend alot. I also noticed random frame drops that could go down all the way from 240 to 160 fps. This issue dont always happen when i play games it happens all the time. i have tried memtest86, crystaldisk and looked for unusualy high temperature and so on, found nothing out of the ordinary is there anyone that knows how to find out what is causing these microfreezes?

Windows 11

specs
RTX 3070
ASrock B660 pro RS
intel i5 13600k
Corsair 2x8 3200mhz
Evga supernova 1000gt
samsung 1tb SSD

i have all the latest BIOS updates

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use DDU, remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Oct 17, 2023

Use DDU, remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
15.01. and i think i found the issue but not sure as im new with PCs but i tested the RAM sticks separetely and in different slots and it seems like the PC can power on and function with one but not the other. does this mean that it was the RAM that was faulty?

Oct 17, 2023
15.01. and i think i found the issue but not sure as im new with PCs but i tested the RAM sticks separetely and in different slots and it seems like the PC can power on and function with one but not the other. does this mean that it was the RAM that was faulty?

Hey i recently typed that i thought i had found the problem (RAM) swapped both of them out and that didnt seem to fix it also tried DDU but problem still occurs.