[SOLVED] Trying to get a 4th display working

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
SSIA... I'm running a Windows 10 rig with a Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT Pulse, which according to the specs does support 4 simultaneous displays. My original 3 displays (two AOC I2267FWs connected via DisplayPort to DVI, and a Visio SV422XVT television connected HDMI to HDMI that is cloning one of the AOC I2267FWs) are working fine, but the newest one (an AOC I2367FH connected via DisplayPort to HDMI) isn't even getting detected by Windows. I've parsed through the display and Radeon settings and can't figure out why it won't show up.

BIOS is current (the date on the BIOS is seven months more recent than what's available for the card on the Sapphire website).

The Radeon software does need an update, but I'm only one revision behind (21.4.1 vs. 21.5.2) so that shouldn't be the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting this working?

Solution
Are you trying to connect from HDMI on the graphics card to DisplayPort on the display? The adapter you linked will only work the other way around.

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
I have now patched the Radeon driver to the most current version and as I expected, that had no impact.

At this point, I'm working on the assumption that I need an active adapter connection instead of the passive cable I purchased. Would appreciate any additional ideas folks might have while I get that together.

Last edited:
I have now patched the Radeon driver to the most current version and as I expected, that had no impact.

At this point, I'm working on the assumption that I need an active adapter connection instead of the passive cable I purchased. Would appreciate any additional ideas folks might have while I get that together.

There should be notes on the FAQ or support site for the card that state if there are restrictions with how many monitors it can run and on what ports. Yes in cases an active adapter is needed, check with the support people for the card you have.

the newest one (an AOC I2367FH connected via DisplayPort to HDMI) isn't even getting detected by Windows.
You can't go further unless you resolve that. I mean things like new drivers etc won't help if Windows can't even see the monitor (that is it does not show in Device Manager). Do you even know if monitor is working? Tip: leave only your main monitor connected, plug in the new one using a cable you know works and see if it appears in Device Manager this way. Also, try restarting Windows with new monitor connected. While monitors are supposed to be plug'n'play, actually the last new 3 monitors I've been using would not start at the first connection - only after reconnecting them few times they would appear in Windows.

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
The monitor is working to some degree... I have it hooked up to the dock I use with my work laptop while WFH using a DP to VGA cable, and that's working fine, so logically it wouldn't make sense to me that both the HDMI ports on the monitor would be dead, even though I bought this used on eBay. To me it's more likely that the problem is with the GPU or with how the GPU is connecting to the monitor; I just haven't been able to decipher the settings or the documentation. (I found a generic reference that stated that the number of passive connections a GPU can support is usually limited, hence why I'm trying use of an active adapter next.)

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Active adapter + HDMI cable successfully got the monitor detected and operational. Wasn't spelled out in any of the documentation I had available, but no matter, it's working and now I just gotta get that passive cable returned. Thanks for the sounding board, everyone!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts