[SOLVED] Trying to identify a capacitor in a Samsung monitor

Jul 21, 2021
Hello. I have a Samsung monitor (model S24D390HL) that is malfunctioning. When I power it up, I see text and colors as expected. However, the display soon switches to all black. After a little while, I can see what's on the display for about a second, and then it goes black again. This happens a couple more times and then the display is totally black. The power light remains lit throughout the whole session.

I suspect that an electrolytic capacitor is at fault. Unfortunately, I cannot identify the capacitor manufacturer in order to decode the numbers of the capacitor so that I can choose a replacement of the appropriate capacitance and voltage. The capacitors are surface mount with gray/black metal cans. The top of each can contains the following information:

25T

There are four of these capacitors on the board. Can anyone identify the manufacturer and what these numbers mean?

Thanks.
Jeff

Solution
100 µF capacitance. Probably 25 V rated. The top number is likely the manufacturer specific model number. You would also need the diameter to get a replacement. It doesn't need to be exactly the same part, any other electrolytic with the same spec is going to be interchangeable.
100 µF capacitance. Probably 25 V rated. The top number is likely the manufacturer specific model number. You would also need the diameter to get a replacement. It doesn't need to be exactly the same part, any other electrolytic with the same spec is going to be interchangeable.

Solution