[SOLVED] Trying to identify cause of a slow system (that shouldn't be slow)

May 25, 2021
My first post here...

I tried to spec out and build a fast, affordable system (this was 4-5 months ago), but there is much more lag in general use and web use that I had with my older system. Here are the specs:

MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

BIOS - American Megatrends F8

CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K

RAM - 32GB Corsair CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16 (2 16GB sticks)

Boot Drive - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB
Data Drive - Samsung 860 QVO 2TB
Other Drive - Seagate Backup+ 4TB

Graphics - Intel UHD630 (I don't play games, but do use Photoshop. Dedicated graphics card a must?)

OS - Windows 10.0.19042

Drivers are up to date as best as I can tell. Any special settings to take advantage of my hardware would be helpful.

If you need any more info or screenshots, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks for your time!!

Solution
The only other question I still have is to whether you did a clean install of Windows on this build or brought over the drive from the prior system.

Temps certainly don't seem to be the issue, or drive space.

Have you run and tests on memory? Have them in the appropriate slots and running an (XMP) profile?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you monitoring temps on this machine? Well vented case and GOOD cooling?

Did you perform a clean install of OS and utilize all the chipset and SATA (etc) drivers from the manufacturer website?

Your 970 EVO has a good bit of free space and is in good health, as well as the other drives?

What power supply are you using?

May 25, 2021
Are you monitoring temps on this machine? Well vented case and GOOD cooling?

Did you perform a clean install of OS and utilize all the chipset and SATA (etc) drivers from the manufacturer website?

Your 970 EVO has a good bit of free space and is in good health, as well as the other drives?

What power supply are you using?
Thank you for your reply!

CPU Temp is 26C and I am cooling with the Noctua NH-D14. The case has 6 fans and does not suffer from cable clog.

The 970 EVO has 186GB used and 744GB free.

I'll have to open the case for the PSU, but I believe it is a 700-750W EVGA Gold supply.

All drivers are up to date.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The only other question I still have is to whether you did a clean install of Windows on this build or brought over the drive from the prior system.

Temps certainly don't seem to be the issue, or drive space.

Have you run and tests on memory? Have them in the appropriate slots and running an (XMP) profile?

Solution
May 25, 2021
When i had my old pc, i used two hdds and my system was slow. The problem was in the second hdd that was damaged. It was clean, windows was installed on healthy hdd but pc was working slow. So i think you should test your ssds and hdd.