[SOLVED] Trying to initialise M.2 NVMe SSD

Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys,

I recently got a new Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, when trying to accessing disk management it prompts me to initialise the new drive, Disk 3, with the options for MBR or GPT and both result in a few minutes of PC unresponsiveness eventually resulting in an Access Denied message.

I am the only user on the PC and an Administrator.

I cannot format the drive, it's brand new and not initialised.

I tried using CMD>Diskpart>Clean>Create partition primary align=1024>Format fs=ntfs quick>Active but I got the Access Denied message at the Create partition primary align=1024 stage.

the only responses I could find were to different problems and to use admin account etc

Any help would be appreciated

Solution
There always is the possibility that the bios needs updating so do that first. But there is no magic switch in UEFI to get these going, they either work or not, assuming the proper bios.
So assuming no change after the bios is updated then return the drive for a replacement.
There always is the possibility that the bios needs updating so do that first. But there is no magic switch in UEFI to get these going, they either work or not, assuming the proper bios.
So assuming no change after the bios is updated then return the drive for a replacement.

Solution