Trying to install my first bridge out to the new detached garage and not having any luck with setup.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Purchased two ENS202's to bridge from the house out to the new detached garage. I think I am following setup instructions, but when I try to get to 192.168.1.1 to give the bridge some directions on what to do, I can't connect. Any idea?

Thanks.

Solution
The Bridge/AP should ONLY be powered via Ethernet cable connected to the included PoE Injector.

You should connect the cable to the PC's router. If your Computer is already on a network, ensure that you have set it to a Static IP Address on the interface.

Example: 192.168.1.10 and the Subnet Mask address as 255.255.255.0.

The above is an example. You may have a different address. What is the address you use to log into the router?
In many cases doing the initial configuration of equipment requires you to disconnect a pc from your network and plug the device directly into your PC. You likely will have to manually set a ip address on your pc. After this you can change the IP on the equipment to a IP that works in your network.

Using web browser to configure equipment is not as simple as it sounds sometime, I still tend to like stupid serial ports to do initial configurations but computers do not even come with those any more.

The Bridge/AP should ONLY be powered via Ethernet cable connected to the included PoE Injector.

You should connect the cable to the PC's router. If your Computer is already on a network, ensure that you have set it to a Static IP Address on the interface.

Example: 192.168.1.10 and the Subnet Mask address as 255.255.255.0.

The above is an example. You may have a different address. What is the address you use to log into the router?

Solution