Question Trying to make absolute cheapest budget build (views and upgrades/downgrades)

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. For a while now I have been "gaming" on a Gaming Laptop (Alienware M17 R1: i7 8750H, RTX 2070MQ) however more recently I have noticed that it has started to stress such as whenever I am doing games my GPU goes from 0% - 5% usage to suddenly 90% - 100% usage on games from Wreckfest to Minecraft thus I started making custom builds. My money situation is quite tight however I have a decent idea of what I would prefer in my next build:
  • A 3060ti+ (bare minimum 3050ti)
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM (3600mhz+ although 3200mhz as bare minimum)
  • i5 12th gen+ (i3 12th gen is meh and the 11th gen got easily trumped by 12th gen... i do tend to favor Nvidia and Intel over AMD by the way)
  • Pure SSD storage (preferably 2TB + 500GB however i do get i can start with 1TB then upgrade...)
  • High receiving network card and onboard WiFi on the motherboard
I have currently got a few builds however for this build (my first gaming desktop) I would like your views on it, whether i should change out some parts, if its cheaper elsewhere, etc....)
I am trying to aim for as close to £1000 (although realistically £1500 is fine).
Build here

(I am from the UK)

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Have you deliberately rejected 13th gen CPUs?

How soon must you build? Before February?

You might see frowning at those power supply choices.
i dont really have a date which I am looking to buy before. I might look to going for the 13th gen later on when prices for them have "cooled/gone down"Which power supplies would you recommend instead for each of these builds?

TRENDING THREADS