Question Trying to make new PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glanceR

Commendable
Apr 16, 2017
So my 2008 year PC is dead. (What a surprise), time to get something new.
Ive got bugdet - 775$ max.
Mainly for playing games like pubg, probably witcher, dark souls, i dont think i need maximum ultra setting max perfomance so...(high settings with comfortable FPS will be enough)
Also really want to start streaming/yt editing, so i guess it will be ryzen build.
Here goes the options:
Graphic card will be 1060 6gb (maybe i should get some of RX ones?)
RAM HyperX predator 3000 ghz 2x8gb (can buy it with discount)
I dont need SSD or HDD (got from old PC)
Case isnt problem also.
550W PSU Aerocool something...
So question about motherboard and CPU.
I looked for ryzen 2600x with auto"OC" option with stock cooler.
Or Ryzen 5 2600 with OC and aftermarket cooler.
Interesting part about motherboard. I really dont know much about VRM temperatures and MB cooling stuff, so what MB should i get for 2600x or 2600 with OC?
Or maybe something like i5-8400 will be enough for my tasks? (really doubt about streaming)
(Location: Russia, sorry about english :) )

Bob Bobson

Proper
Apr 19, 2019
So ive found MSI B450-A PRO mobo in my local stores, seems like its similar to tomahawk, can you confirm?
And what about G.SKILL aegis rams instead of ripjaws? Whats a difference? only in speed?

Yup, there is very little difference, almost non existant, only in the feature category, like 2way crossfire and a bit better heatsink, although that matters only if you are goining for high OCing, but probably not, since those boards arent extreme OC boards.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare?CompareItemList=13-144-189,13-144-192

Maybe the looks and some rgb on the tomahawk, of you like that better, i would still recommend b450 steel legend or pro4

glanceR

Commendable
Apr 16, 2017
Yup, there is very little difference, almost non existant, only in the feature category, like 2way crossfire and a bit better heatsink, although that matters only if you are goining for high OCing, but probably not, since those boards arent extreme OC boards.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare?CompareItemList=13-144-189,13-144-192

Maybe the looks and some rgb on the tomahawk, of you like that better, i would still recommend b450 steel legend or pro4
No one of this mobo's are available at my city right now... So i think ill stick with A-PRO one for now. Thanks. @SgtScream @Bob Bobson