trying to match my ink to my printer

MrsKing

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
Trying to match my ink to a printer

My movers lost my printer and I'm trying to replace it but only know it's Epson wireless all in one and the ink cartridge was 126. The most similar one I found on Amazon takes 220. Can this one use the same ink?

Solution
MrsKing,

The lost printer used ink cartridge 126.

The similar replacement printer you found on Amazon uses ink cartridge 220.

You will probably not be able to use the 126 cartridge(s). The possible exception being something like my Canon MX870 that uses two different black ink cartridges; one large, one small - different ink cartridge number. Both cartridges are installed in their own slot.

By the way, you may be able to go into your computer device manager and look at the printer drivers etc. to identify the Epson model number or something else to help specify the lost printer's model number. Or look at Epson's website and see if you can visually identify the all-in-one.

May find a more definitive answer to the ink cartridge...

Ralston18

Titan
MrsKing,

The lost printer used ink cartridge 126.

The similar replacement printer you found on Amazon uses ink cartridge 220.

You will probably not be able to use the 126 cartridge(s). The possible exception being something like my Canon MX870 that uses two different black ink cartridges; one large, one small - different ink cartridge number. Both cartridges are installed in their own slot.

By the way, you may be able to go into your computer device manager and look at the printer drivers etc. to identify the Epson model number or something else to help specify the lost printer's model number. Or look at Epson's website and see if you can visually identify the all-in-one.

May find a more definitive answer to the ink cartridge question.

Solution