[SOLVED] Trying to Pick a 360mm AIO CPU Cooler

Jan 8, 2021
So I have been looking around and think I would like to try an AIO I have picked out the following 360mm ones: I know the Arctic cooler is good, but I would like some RGB and they are currently crazy hard to find.

EK 360
ROG Strix 360

I have heard good things about the EK one, but I have not heard much about the ROG one. Does anyone have any experience with either? Are there others that you would recommend?

Solution
I think this is being taken a bit too negatively, so I apologize if that is the tone you read my response in. That wasn't my intent.

However - just to clarify, you provided more detail in this second reply than you did in the first, making it much easier to try and answer. In terms of these types of questions, we see multiples of nearly the same thing, day in and day out - nearly all of them are the same.

The EK AIOs are pretty good, but they're just like most other AIOs on the market and there isn't going to be a substantial difference, but fans and pump speed depend on what you use.

Other pretty decent ones are
Corsair H150i Capellix
Cooler Master ML360R
Cougar Aqua 360
Aorus Liquid 360

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Need to know what your focus is:

Is iRGB the focus?
Is performing well the focus?

Let's start there first, because a very large percentage of these types of open-ended questions isn't exactly what they seem to be.

For example, you are acknowledging that the Arctic Liquid Freezer II is good (it is, that is correct), however, you would rather bypass being 'really really good' for 'I will take something not as good because I would rather have RGB'.

This leads me into a part of the conversation to provide the feedback of 'just get what you want, then' because it won't really matter and will likely be fine.

Jan 8, 2021
Yes I would like something appealing to the eye but I think you stopped reading there the Arctic Cooler is near impossible to find at the moment so its not exactly an option, so its not bypassing the best its trying to find the next best option. Also I did not ask an open ended question I gave two items looking for opinions on both and was welcoming feedback on anything I may have missed.

Yes I would love for it to be about performance, but yes I want it to be appealing too. I was looking for opinions on the two above and welcomed any recommendations for others I may have overlooked.

I am sorry you feel that providing snotty feedback was needed just because I said I would like something with a little RGB, however I never said I wanted something that performed poorly. Maybe this caught you on a bad day, but geez was just looking for some feedback not to get kicked in the balls for liking a little eye candy in my build.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think this is being taken a bit too negatively, so I apologize if that is the tone you read my response in. That wasn't my intent.

However - just to clarify, you provided more detail in this second reply than you did in the first, making it much easier to try and answer. In terms of these types of questions, we see multiples of nearly the same thing, day in and day out - nearly all of them are the same.

The EK AIOs are pretty good, but they're just like most other AIOs on the market and there isn't going to be a substantial difference, but fans and pump speed depend on what you use.

Other pretty decent ones are
Corsair H150i Capellix
Cooler Master ML360R
Cougar Aqua 360
Aorus Liquid 360

Solution
D

Deleted member 2838871

So I have been looking around and think I would like to try an AIO I have picked out the following 360mm ones: I know the Arctic cooler is good, but I would like some RGB and they are currently crazy hard to find.

Hey OP... if you aren't dead set on either of those 2 consider the NZXT Z73... it's what I went with and it's a solid 360mm cooler. (I used the X62 for nearly 4 years in a previous build so I don't second guess the quality of their coolers)

Anyway... the Z73 is 360mm as said and features a pretty amazing looking fully customizable RGB display. Mine is set up to display my CPU and GPU temps in a black/white setting to match my build.

NZXT Kraken Z73

Good luck!

P.S.

The X73 is the exactly same cooler for $100 less... only it doesn't have nearly as cool (pun intended) a display.

Last edited by a moderator: