Trying to Reformat from CD ( Getting an Error )

boocraft

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I hit F7 or F8.. I just spam both when I restart. It pops up to run from Sata or my CD Drive. I've used this same CD drive to install windows on my old PC but on my new one that was just fixed won't boot the windows 7 CD. It says to press any key to boot from CD. It stays frozen and after a while it comes up with one of these two messages.

"The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum."

The first message it gave was "BootMGR image is corrupt. The System cannot start"

I'm on the PC right now. Everything seems to be working fine but I want to reformat and delete the hard drive to start the computer fresh again. But the windows 7 CD won't boot in order for me to do this.

Thanks ahead of time and let me know if there is any other info you may need.

boocraft

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I also forgot the mention. I am using the same hard drive from when my old PC broke down. We used the warranty to get a replacement motherboard and processor. So i'm using a replacement processor and motherboard with the same hard drive that I was unable to reformat before because one of those two stopped working. Not sure if using the same hard drive from a broken motherboard or processor can effect anything... just thought I would add that.

MEATHEAD 30

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

MEATHEAD 30

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hello MEATHEAD here the only time i ever got that message was when my dvd was no good. It sounds like you have your boot device enabled. Your Bios could
possibly be corrupt ?