Trying to revert to on board graphics

Chaseonbase82

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I recently switched all my components into a new case. I had a GeForce GPU installed before the swap. I dont need it anymore so, I've decided to remove it. When I try and use the on board graphics from HDMI a green screen flashes and no display is shown.. Everything seems to boot up fine.. I dont know if I needed to plug the hard drive into the same slot on the MOBO or not. Should I just install the old GPU and continue using it? I don't understand why it won't revert to on board graphics. I hear the hard drive cranking like its booting up. I figure atleast the bios should show.. What should I do?

Solution
You should have everything plugged in the same as you had before. Do you get any splash screen when you boot up? If yes then hit DEL or what ever you need to hit to go into the BIOS. Go into integrated Peripherals and be sure onboard graphics is enabled.

If you don't get a splash screen the put in the GPU and do the same steps, only after you save and exit shut down the system and remove the GPU.

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017

You'll need to go into the BIOS and change it.

You should have everything plugged in the same as you had before. Do you get any splash screen when you boot up? If yes then hit DEL or what ever you need to hit to go into the BIOS. Go into integrated Peripherals and be sure onboard graphics is enabled.

If you don't get a splash screen the put in the GPU and do the same steps, only after you save and exit shut down the system and remove the GPU.

Solution