Trying to set the priority of a program through task manager

Mar 2, 2018
I'm trying to change the priority of Car Mechanic Sim 2018 and when I right click in TM and click the 'high' setting, it tells me "access denied". I understand that this is probably a permissions problem, but when I go into the properties of the program and tick 'run as admin' it doesn't change this. I still get the access denied problem. I know it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but I do enjoy the boost I get from using this.

Solution
Changing the game to run as admin won't help, and is a risky move. Change it back.

Are you sure the account you're trying to do this from has admin privileges? The "access denied" message usually pops up when you're trying to change the priority of a process, and your account doesn't have sufficient privileges to make the change. If the account doesn't have admin privileges, you'll either have to change it into an admin account. Or sign onto an account with admin privileges, change the process priority from that account, then sign back into your regular account.
Changing the game to run as admin won't help, and is a risky move. Change it back.

Are you sure the account you're trying to do this from has admin privileges? The "access denied" message usually pops up when you're trying to change the priority of a process, and your account doesn't have sufficient privileges to make the change. If the account doesn't have admin privileges, you'll either have to change it into an admin account. Or sign onto an account with admin privileges, change the process priority from that account, then sign back into your regular account.

Solution